How to be happy?
I stumbeled on a list of things that makes you happy on a blog a while back. I can’t remember the blog anymore, but I got inspired to think for myself and create my own list. I believe that happiness has a lot to do with attitude towards things. I am a very positive person in general, which makes it so much easier in life. What’s the point of constantly worrying about a hundred things to go wrong, when only one or two of those things actually will end up going wrong, and most likely none? Below, I have listed my own recipe and rules for a happier life which I try to live by :). My biggest trouble areas seem to be number 2 and 7, and number 11 my strongest ;P!
1. I understand that I am responsible for my own happiness and only I can make it happen.
2. It’s not the destination, it’s the journey and I try to remind myself of that and just enjoy the ride.
3. Taking time to reflect over all the good things in my life that makes me happy.
4. Gratitude. Not taking things for granted and to be appreciative.
5. I always try to do the right thing in every situation.
6. I want to surround myself with people that lift me up, inspire me and whom I love.
7. I try to Follow my heart and believe in myself.
8. Never regret, just learn from mistakes and move on stronger and wiser.
9. I am genuinely happy for others.
11. I am able to laugh at, and make fun of myself.
10. Smile :)
jacket from andiata