When it comes to health I believe in individuality. We are all different both inside and on the outside, which is why health means different things for each and one of us. When I practice health coaching, I always get to know my clients before I give them advice and help in areas they feel they need help in. Health to me means finding balance, which is of course easier said than done, but something to strive for. We can’t constantly do well in every area of our lives, so focusing on strengthening weaker areas to find balance is a good way to get started. There are some basic things we all could do to improve our health, so I thought I’d share my 10 most important health boosting advice:
1. Sleep at least 8 hours every night. Force yourself to go to bed on time and youÂ´ll get used to it. Rest is extremely important for the body and brain, and it is while resting we develop, process, grow and renew things within our bodies.
2. Hydrate! The body needs water for every single function that happens in our bodies to function properly.
3. Try to organize your day and find balance between work, play and rest.
4. Get active! Being physically active is important for both body and mind. Moving your body is like putting money in the bank, an investment in your health for the long run. It is better to try to be on the go all through the day, than to sit all day long and sweat like crazy in the gym for 1 hour per day .
5. De- stress. Knowing how to calm down and re-charge batteries is extremely important. When we get stressed, our bodies starts to shut down in one way or another. Trying not to stress when you are stressed is almost impossible and adds even more stress, which leads to a bad circle that’s hard to break.
6. Eat nutritious food. Eat foods that feed your body and makes you feel good inside. Choose clean, fresh and alive foods, filled with the nutrition your body needs and craves. ( A good rule is to buy most of your foods in the vegetable and fruit section of the grocery store).
7. Enjoy some soul food every now and then ;). Enjoy some cake at a party, a piece of chocolate with your coffee, a glass of sparkling to celebrate. But remember to genuinely feel good about it or it’s not worth it!
8. Make love! ( Yes, it counts as physical activity ;)! )
9. Strive to be healthy and happy, not skinny.
10. Be honest to yourself. You know what changes you need to make for a healthier life! Just do it!
pictures from pinterest